Hit Counter

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Hello, everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!! Mine was pretty good. We went to church, and then out to eat at a Japanese Hibachi Grill with my Mom and sisters. We always have a good time watching the chef prepare the food and throw food at people!! After dinner, we went over to my Mother in Law's to visit for a little while before evening service. I actually took a little nap on the couch.
Anyway, I finally did a little crafting last week, and this is what I created. I made 2 of each layout, but I figured you didn't need to see every one of them. I know, my pictures are pretty blurry, but when I took them Saturday afternoon, the kids were begging me to take them fishing. So I was just taking pictures as fast as I could so we could get out the door!!
For the first card I used sketch # 125 from Diva Coffee Break Design Challenge.
The next 2 cards started with a sketch also, but didn't end up looking anything like it!! That happens to me alot. I really like the Flower Fusion felt flowers on these. It adds just the right amount of punch!
This last card is one of my favorites. To find out how to get the diagonal strips of DSP, click here.
I needed a nice way to package up these cards, so I made a matching box using this tutorial over on Split Coast Stampers. It was really very easy!
Then I just wrapped it with some matching ribbon and made a tag. Easy and so cute!! This one went to my Mother in Law.
For my Mom, I picked out some of my favorite cards I had in my stash, and put them in one of those nice card boxes you can get at Papertrey Ink, wrapped it with a ribbon and made a tag.
That's about it for now. Next time I'll show you the cards my boys made for me. It's so cute to have your 11 yo DS ask for help to score a straight line for your own card!! See you next time.

2 comments:

Twila said...

Hi Carrie, love the card sets you made and the box to put them in! DO we get to see a picture of the card your son made for you? Happy Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

Fantastic cards and the boxes to present them - I'm sure they loved their gifts! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day... it's cute your son asked for help on your card! Don't you love when our kids do that?! :)