Unfortunately, I have had to make a few changes here on my blog. Your comments will no longer be visible immediately, I have changed the settings for moderator approval. You will also now have to fill out the word verification. I have had several comments left recently that were not appropriate and had to remove those comments. Hopefully this will deter whoever is leaving this spam. I think it's very sad when a stamping blog gets the kind of comments that I would have to remove, but in this day and age, I guess it's to be expected. Anyway, I hope this takes care of it, and if any of you saw those comments, I apologize.
I have here an adorable little bookmark calendar. Isn't it cute? I really like the frayed ribbon on the top. I was browsing Split Coast Stampers for some ideas for my club on Friday night, and came across the template for these little calendars. I figured since we're still in Jan. it's not too late for this little project.
There's not really any explaining that needs to be done, except I used Brocade Blue Paper and Ink. For the solid butterfly image I stamped off once, then the outline was applied with the second stamp. For the frayed ribbon, you have to use grosgrain. All you do is cut off one edge of the ribbon, then pull out all the fibers. Make sense? If not let me know and I'll take some pictures and do a mini tutorial. Thank!
I can't tell you the last time I sat down and made a card. Well, today the kids were off school, so Sam took the boys with him to work on a roof he's doing. As soon as he left I got right down to business. Because last week I took the time to organize my stuff, I actually knew where my supplies were. So I browsed Split Coast Stampers and got some inspiration. I've been wanting to use the Sticky Cuts at Stamp Club for quite some time, so this is what I came up with.
I used Stampin' Up!'s Sticky Cuts Letters with their ultra fine glitter. The stamp set is Define Your Life and card stock isTempting Turquoise and Elegant Eggplant. The ribbon is something I picked up at Michael's a while back. I also used the Eyelet Border Punch along the bottom.
I know this isn't the greatest picture, but I wanted to show you eyelet border letting the Turquoise show through. I also have another little project planned, so if I get it done I'll show you tomorrow. These are both what we'll be working on this Friday for our Stamp Club.
Well, I couldn't resist showing you the progress I made today with my stamps. I used up all the CD cases I bought. So now I can do other things, like wash the dishes and fold the laundry! Sounds fun, doesn't it?
Here are all the empty stamp cases so far. I have to figure out what to do with these now.
Now, look at how much space they use compared to what they used before unmounting! Plus I think it will be much easier to use what I have because I won't have to worry about dragging all those boxes out to find what I want then put them away again. I never can find the set I want. Now at least they will be much easier to get to then put back up!
I also need to figure out what to do with all these wooden blocks. I have one idea for a few of them, but this many is ridiculous. Imagine how many I'll have when I'm all done! I gotta go now. Let me know any ideas you may have about those cases or wooden blocks. See you later!
Well, I'm back! I have organized all my paper, and believe me, that was a job. But now it's all done, and if (when) I decide to stamp something, at least I can find the color I want. I also have started a whole new project. I had been thinking about unmounting my stamps to save room on storage, but I was always hesitant. But now, with Stampin' Up! deciding to go with clear mount stamps, I decided I'd buy the acrylic blocks and take the plunge. I'm now in the process of unmounting all my stamps. It's really easy, and as you can see, it will save a ton of room.
This is the pile of stamps I did this morning. Before I started, it was as tall as my ruler. When I was done, it was only about 5 inches tall! How cool is that?! Plus, now all the boxes are the same size, so much easier to stack neatly. You can see the original Stampin' Up! labels on some of them, what I did was peel the label off the original plastic container, then I stuck that to some white paper and stuck it inside the case. Some of my labels ripped while peeling, so I just started handwriting the names and attaching those instead.
I have four of these neat little crate looking boxes that are the perfect size for CD cases. I'm sure that will be enough room for all my stamps when I get them done. Right now I have two of those under the bed boxes full of stamps. I'll let you know how small it gets down to.
This is one of the cases that's done. I just cut some whisper white CS to size and stamped all the images onto it before I unmounted them. I found the tutorial here. It's a great video, and I pretty much followed her instructions. The only thing I did differently was I stamped my images before I unmounted them because I don't have any acrylic blocks yet. Super easy, and I think it will be worth the time when I can keep all my stamps on my desk!
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody