Hit Counter

Monday, March 30, 2009

A Couple Cards

This is the card I made for my sister's 30th birthday. I think Sassy Suzie is just too cute. Inside the card it says "It's a good thing wrinkles don't hurt!" Sorry this picture is kind of blurry. I didn't notice till it was too late. I kind of cased this card over on Split Coast Stampers.

I paper pieced Suzie's clothes to make her more stylish like my sister, and of course put Dazzling Diamonds on her jewelry. I had to do that because my sister sells Premiere Designs Jewelry and is never without some "Bling Bling!"

My finished card was 5 x 5 and I don't have any envelopes that size, so I used the envelope tutorial by Lauren Meader found here. She is so talented and I check her blog daily.
And finally this is the card I made for Emily to match the name frame I made for her. You can see it here. I can't remember where I saw this layout, so please know it's almost a complete copy. The way you get the stripes is cut a piece of scrap card stock the size you want your stripe image. Then cut your strips of pattern paper and paste them onto your piece of scrap. Then just trim the edges off to the size of your scrap. All done and perfect!
That's it for today! It's time for me to get the kids going on their schoolwork, so I'll talk to you later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carrie, I adore Sassy Suzy cards and regret not getting her! What was I thinking? LOL! And the card you made for Emily is adorable and a great way to use up scraps, although this matches your frame beautifully - I love this card, too!

HOPE said...

I LOVE everything you make!!!
Just soooo cute! Your sister is going to love it...and Emily's is just adorable...

cute...cute..cute