Hit Counter

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

World Card Making Day

World Card Making Day is Oct. 4. To celebrate, I'm hosting a Stamp-a-Stack! It's just what it sounds like! You stamp a stack of cards. I'll design 5 cards and you stamp 4 of each design for a total of 20 cards (envelopes included)! There will be

  1. Birthday (choose boy or girl)
  2. Baby (choose boy or girl)
  3. Thinking of you
  4. Thanksgiving
  5. Wedding/Bridal shower

I haven't made the samples yet, but I'll be sure to post them when they're done. The cost will be $20. You can't buy a card for that price, and what better way to let someone know you care than with a handstamped card! If you place an order for $50 ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT I'll refund 1/2 of your registration. I'll also have a couple door prizes and snacks.

Now, here is where I need your help. I want to hold this event on Friday, Oct. 3. It would be best to get an early start so we don't get done too late. Also, I don't want to sound picky, but it would be best if we didn't bring our children. This should be a time for moms to visit and have fun without the kiddos running around like wild banchees. Now, I know for most of you (myself included) that means finding a sitter. What would you all think of getting a couple of our teenage girls from church and all chip in to pay them? Please leave me a comment stating the time that is best for you and how you feel about hiring a sitter. I appreciate your understanding. Let me know what you think. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

LaunchingProjectH said...

Good luck with your class!

Lisa Page said...

Too bad I live in Texas- I would love to come! I'd even bring the banshees for someone else to sit! Hee-hee. That is so generous (and a great idea) of you to offer sitting services. I know a lot of moms will appreciate it! Good luck! Can't wait to see the designs you come up with.