Hit Counter

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shopping Trip 7-28-11

Today is payday, and that means my envelope for grocery money got refilled!  Isn't that exciting?!  So I headed out to the stores and here's the breakdown. 

Here's what I got at Publix:   4 packs Gogurt, 4 boxes Post cereal, 5 boxes Kellogs cereal, 2 boxes Poptarts, 2 bottles Coffee Mate creamer, 1 Aussie conditioner, 4 cans Green Giant corn, 12 cans Green Giant green beans.                  Publix: actual cost $80.41 out of pocket $31.03

Here's what I got at Bi Lo:   2 bags Wise Cheese Doodles, 3 boxes Nabisco Fruit Crisps, 1 bottle Sun laundry detergent, 1 book, 5 lb. ground beef, 3.7 lb. pork roast, 6 packs boneless skinless chicken breast,  2 packs Bar-S hotdogs, 2 packs Hillshire Farms link sausage, 1 pack Smithfiels bacon, 1 pack Carolina Pride lunchmeat, 1 bag carrots, 2.52 lb. bananas, 2.52 lb grapes.      Bi Lo: actual cost $138.14 out of pocket $75.03

Here's what I got at CVS:  1 8ct pack pens, 1 small bottle Crest mouthwash, 1 50ct box Kotex pantiliners, 1 Oral-B toothbrush, 1 bottle Renu contact solution.         CVS: actual cost $24.56 out of pocket $6.30

This makes my overall trip a savings of 53.7%. I would love to get to the 60% mark, but haven't figured out how to do that yet. Anyone have any tips to do better?  I have $12.34 left for the week, which will be spent on milk, I'm sure.  Have you done any couponing lately?

No comments: