Hit Counter

Monday, July 11, 2011

Jean Skirt Pillow

What do you do when this happens to your most comfortable jean skirt?
I actually wore this skirt with a rip up the split a few times.  "Ma Ma, do you know there's a hole in your skirt?"
"Yes, I do, but I like this skirt."  Well, as you can see, that hole traveled and I really couldn't get away with that anymore without indecent exposure!
I'm redoing my daughter's room on a shoestring budget, and I figured I could make a cute pillow out of this skirt.  I bought it a few years ago at the Goodwill Store for probably 2 bucks, wore it to death, and now it has been repurposed for my Baby Girl's room.
Remember the pillow that I promised no one was going to use in my previous post?  I cut it open, fluffed up the filling, and used in to stuff my new pillow.  The flowers were picked up at Wal-Mart for about $5.

Then I cut off the bottom of the skirt just above the top of the rip and ironed on the flowers.  Then you turn the skirt inside out and sew up the bottom.  Flip it back right side out, sew up one side of the top, stuff, and sew up the other side.  It was at this point I realized that one of those sparkly belts from my last post would coordinate well with the color scheme going on in the room, and those belt loops needed a belt.  I may swith it out with some wide ribbon later, but for now I'm calling it done!
When her room is completely done you'll get to see the whole thing.  I'm still working on projects and collecting items as I find them.  I'm just glad I get to do a "girlie" room.  Her last one was cowboys!
Thanks for stopping by! 

I'm linking up to Met Monday and Frugal Friday!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

great idea! I recognize those flowers ;) I wanna see pics of your new house!!! :)

Melody said...

I love the pillow too. I also love South Carolina. My husband was stationed there back in the early 1990's. We had a great time. Take care.