Hit Counter

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Voila!

Today we have a cute little coaster I made with the stamp set Voila! I think this little man is so cute. Actually this is my mom's set, but because she's not a stamper, she lets me hold on to it for her. She's decorating her kitchen with this little guy, and I'm going to be stamping some tiles for a backsplash for her. I think I'll just put different stuff on the tray each time, so it's kind of a random pattern.

I made a set of 4 coasters and bundled them together with twine and a gift tag, but didn't think to take a picture of the finished package. Oh well, maybe I can add that in here later. Do you guys have any suggestions about stamping on tile for a backsplash in a kitchen? I plan to seal the tiles with a clear spray sealer. Do you think I should bake them first to set the ink better? I'd hate to get them up there and then when she cleans the ink rub off or smudge, kwim? Guess that's all for now. Have a great day!

10 comments:

Twila said...

Carrie, I think I'ld bake them first to be safe and then seal them. I'ld love to see a picture of your moms kitchen when you get them up.

Unknown said...

What a cute tile! I really need to try this out. I love that little chef, too.

Aubrey said...

Hi Carrie...I love this coaster! How cute! I just started my army wife blog so you can see my pictures as we travel the globe. lol maybe this way we'll keep in touch better! Great projects you've done~aubrey

Sherrie said...

Yes, I would bake them...or zap them for quite a while with your heat gun and then seal it. Great job on this, your coloring is fantastic!

Wendy said...

Great idea! I would love to see what the finished backsplash looks like! I know what you mean about "holding on to stamp sets"! :) I do that quite often!!

Michelle said...

you did a super job with this project! its so cute..
TFS!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Fabulous image for a tile. Great coloring.

Teresa Kline said...

what a perfect image for a coaster, very nice work! *~*

Cheryl Walker said...

Very Very cute!!! I love the coaster idea, and the chef is perfect, my best friend has her kitchen done in this, this would be perfect for her!! Great job!!!

*Sally* said...

This is sooo cute! What a fab idea!