Hit Counter

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Snowing!!!

Guess What!?! It's snowing at my house!! I can't tell you how many years it's been since we've seen snow here in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. Of course, I know it won't stick, but still, the kids are excited about the teeny tinny little snowflakes falling down! I had to take pictures as proof, so here are the boys watching the flakes fly (or drift, however you look at it)!

Here they are on the phone, which you can't see cuz it's on the trampoline. They called their counsins who live up in New York to let them know the good news. Needless to say, it wasn't that exciting for them, and in their own words, they have "buckets and buckets of snow!"

There it is!! You can see a few flakes right there in the picture! Isn't that exciting!

This is the wreath I've had hanging by my front door since the beginning of December. It says "Flakes Welcome." People would look at that and laugh, because except for the last few days, it's been in the 60's and 70's for most of the winter. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, and I love the snow. Even though it probably won't, I hope it sticks around for a few days!

No comments: